The major objective is execution of “Lab-to-Land” programme in the parts of Western Maharashtra for farmers, dairy co-operatives and livestock industry implemented through,
- Organisation of need based, problem solving, and skill based trainings for self employment to the livestock farmers, rural women & rural youth.
- Refresher training programmes for veterinarians and para veterinarians.
- On Farm demonstrations for animal husbandry practices.
- Organisation of Animal Health Camps, production camps, special vaccination camps, special draught camps etc.
- Women Rallies and special training for women self-help group organized to educate women in calf management and feeding, clean milk production, back yard poultry management, mastitis control through improved management practices and management and feeding of the sheep and goat.
- Organization of Mahila Melawa, workshops, campaigns, seminars.
- Organisation of rallies on various occasions like World Zoonoses Day, World Rabies day, World Veterinary Day etc.
- Publications & distribution of Leaflet/Pamphlet/Folders for promoting the animal husbandry activities.
- Radio talk, T.V. talk and technical expertise.
- Assessment of livestock farmers needs through personal interaction and group discussion.
- Organisation & participation in state / national level Agricultural livestock Exhibition and Livestock Shows.
- Arranging farmers -scientist meet, farmers meet, SHG women meet.
- “Pashu seva vahini”-provides information & suggests the solutions for the queries of livestock owners, farmer’s etc. through telephone
- Rendering animal health services in Adopted Villages by regular visits and special programs.
- Agrowon Pashusalla
- Conducted Surveys in the study/service area to identify the needs of the farmers regarding veterinary/animal husbandry practices.